Monday, November 14, 2011

Welcoming Fall

Saturday, October 29th was a busy day for us!  We went to the fall festival at The Greenway in Fort Mill.  It was fun!  We went through the walked around, went through the corn maze, went to the petting zoo, & let Nora play in the toddler's maze made out of bales of hay.  Nora loved the animals (of course!) anFd the maze ended up being quite bigger than we were expecting.  We kept talking about how we wished there was something like it when we were growing up in Fort Mill!  We're definitely going again next year!

In the corn maze

Found a 'chair' to take a break in the toddler's maze.

The toddler's maze

Crawling through the maze.

There were chickens.

 And a pony.


The pony was definitely her favorite.


Very interested in seeing the pony eat.


There was a llama!  There were also other animals we didn't take pictures of.

That evening we went to our Trunk or Treat at church.  Nora & I went as sushi.  Aaron begrudgingly agreed to be the soy sauce.  I made it them (yay for bettering my sewing skills!) except Aaron sewed his own lid hat.  I only cut the pieces out.  Impressive, huh?That was our 2nd halloween party this year.  I have to say I am surprised with the lack of creativity in people's costumes.  It's not difficult!  Even more I am annoyed with people's inability to use their imagination and thinking skills to figure out what someone's costume is.  Is it really that people are just that lazy that they don't want to 'try' to figure it out?  Or is it that no one wants to be wrong, so they don't even try to guess?  Either way it definitely was discouraging after all the hours I put into our costumes.  I mean Nora & I even had wasabi & ginger in our hair with the fake grass underneath them!  At one party people told me numerous times what a cute jack-o-lantern Nora was.  You can't tell from the pictures, but the orange on her outfit definitely is a headless fish...with a tail...if you take the time to look.  Oh well.


Happy Halloween from our family!


Jack & his 'frenemy' Nora
Frenemy=friend & enemy all at once...Jack's Dad coined it.  She loves Jack, but also loves to hit & push him. 

Sushi girls

Couldn't you just eat her??

This year was Nora's first year trick or treating.  She was a trooper and caught on quickly.  It was quite cold outside here.  Nora loved walking with the other kids in the neighborhood, but never got the 'trick or treat' part.


Off to trick or treat!

This crazy girl was so excited going up to people's houses that she tried to go inside on multiple occasions.  When they came to the door and opened it, she'd take off.  Forget candy, she wanted to see if there was anything better inside...like toys!  Don't worry, we always managed to get her before she got past the entry.  Nora made it down 2 streets (being carried most of the way) before she was over it.  Oh, and she definitely wanted the candy once we got home.
Waiting to get inside a neighbor's house.

Finally home to Grandma (LaLa) passing out candy!

No comments:

Post a Comment