This post is a little out of order. It took place back in May. It is the story about Nora's beloved beanbag chair and it's final days with us.
Nora loves chairs. She especially loved her hot pink beanbag chair her Gramma gave her for her first birthday. It was her tv chair. She sat in it, snuggled up to sleep in it, jumped and flopped into it, even played games with Daddy in it. Here's a video of them playing with it:
It was a great chair until she discovered the zipper. Over the course of a month or so, Nora would randomly unzip the beanbag chair and spill (aka throw around) some of the styrofoam 'beans'. She would get into trouble, serve her consequence and a week-ish later (after I'd forget about it) do it again. This probably happened 4 or 5 times. The last time she made a huge mess! It took forever for me clean up! Here's a picture of the 2nd to last mess:
Like I said, the last mess she made was BIG! She made the mess while I was vacuuming the crumbs in the kitchen. I couldn't hear the disaster brewing on the other side of the bar. When I saw it we talked, she sat through time out, and I moved her to another activity. I finished up my kitchen cleaning before moving on to the bean explosion. When I walked into the living room Nora had the beanbag chair on head all the way down past her knees. Talk about having a heart attack! I panicked and tried pulling it off of her. She had squeezed herself in so I had to unzip it more. I could hear her gasping for air! Her mouth was filled with the beans! Thankfully, she was fine & didn't inhale any. It sure did scare us both though! Another reason I won't win Mother Of The Year this year! Needless to say, this was the end of Nora's beanbag chair! We quickly said goodbye to it and threw it out! It was a great idea and fun while it lasted, but I wouldn't recommend them for any child under 3! I am so grateful Nora was fine...this girl is becoming quite a handful! I love her!!
Nora loves chairs. She especially loved her hot pink beanbag chair her Gramma gave her for her first birthday. It was her tv chair. She sat in it, snuggled up to sleep in it, jumped and flopped into it, even played games with Daddy in it. Here's a video of them playing with it:
It was a great chair until she discovered the zipper. Over the course of a month or so, Nora would randomly unzip the beanbag chair and spill (aka throw around) some of the styrofoam 'beans'. She would get into trouble, serve her consequence and a week-ish later (after I'd forget about it) do it again. This probably happened 4 or 5 times. The last time she made a huge mess! It took forever for me clean up! Here's a picture of the 2nd to last mess:
Like I said, the last mess she made was BIG! She made the mess while I was vacuuming the crumbs in the kitchen. I couldn't hear the disaster brewing on the other side of the bar. When I saw it we talked, she sat through time out, and I moved her to another activity. I finished up my kitchen cleaning before moving on to the bean explosion. When I walked into the living room Nora had the beanbag chair on head all the way down past her knees. Talk about having a heart attack! I panicked and tried pulling it off of her. She had squeezed herself in so I had to unzip it more. I could hear her gasping for air! Her mouth was filled with the beans! Thankfully, she was fine & didn't inhale any. It sure did scare us both though! Another reason I won't win Mother Of The Year this year! Needless to say, this was the end of Nora's beanbag chair! We quickly said goodbye to it and threw it out! It was a great idea and fun while it lasted, but I wouldn't recommend them for any child under 3! I am so grateful Nora was fine...this girl is becoming quite a handful! I love her!!

i dont think this was meant to be a funny story, but i laughed. love you nora!!
ReplyDelete