Monday, October 3, 2011

Great Friends, Great Places, Great Times

We have these great friends, April & Travis.



We've been friends with them basically since we moved to Lake Wylie.  We enjoy a lot of the same things so we spend a lot of time together {when April's not working}.  They don't have any kids {uh hmm} so Nora's the closest thing to a kid to them.  She loves them.  They're like an aunt & uncle to her.  They're the type of friends that will do anything you need.  Like when we lived with them for at least a month while we fixed up our house.  It's easy to hang out with them and do nothing or work together and put on a sweet party.  For the past several years they have begged us to go to the beach with them but every year there's something going on the same time that we can't.  This year Aaron' was working in Tennessee so Nora & I went for a few days.  They have a very nice condo they rent in a nice part of North Myrtle Beach.  It's no secret I'm not a big fan of Myrtle Beach {shocking, I know!}.  The beach was pretty but the accommodations were really sweet.  Nora had all the attention a girl could want with all of Travis' family around.  The drive wasn't my favorite but luckily Nora is so easy & good.  Here's a few pictures from the few days we were there:

Enjoying Krispy Kreme
Swimming in one of the 2 big pools.  There was also 2 kiddie pools, a hot tub, and a lazy river.
Travis playing with Nora.

Chasing the birds.  The same birds Travis feeds constantly to annoy people.  Good thing the beach is flat & really wide.

Loving the beach toys they got her.

Asking for more water.  You can see their place in the top right corner.  It was beach front. 

Can't decide which tool to use!

She just loves water!

Happy girl.

April & Travis, thanks for letting us enjoy the beach with y'all!  We love you!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, so I have read read and read. I have been non existent from the blogging world for quite some time and I finally caught up on all the goodness that has come your way and that you have showered on others! Amazing! I love that you had such a great time with friends and that they are like family! It's because you and Aaron are such great people and friends. I caught up on the cruise! HOLY SHMOLY talk about a great time!! You "browns" have always known how to PARTAY! and when you do, you do it big and right! Seriously, I really enjoyed reading all of your posts because they just beamed with the love you have for your family and the love they have for one another! VERY LUCKY and BLESSED!!! It is always so sweet when I read and come across a person who credits and acknowledges the love and support of their spouse! You are so sweet to Aaron and I know that he knows what a great wife you are to him and a beautiful mother to his daughter. I wonder if so many years ago in the YW/YM stages if either one of you could have had a glimpse of what your heaven was! Love it Lani. Love and Miss you and your entire family!!

    ReplyDelete