Wednesday, March 4, 2009

SNOW...not sure how I feel about it...




So, it has officially SNOWED this Winter!  Here in SC we don't see much snow.  Usually snowflakes fall at least once a year and it ALWAYS ices.  Well, this year (lucky us) we've had TWO SNOW DAYS!  

The first one (Jan. 20th?) it didn't really snow...it just iced bad enough that they were worried the buses wouldn't be able to travel safely.  Honestly, I needed the day off.  Report cards were due the next day and I was not NEAR ready!!  I was a little bummed about the snow day though...it meant we had to have school on President's Day and wouldn't have a day off until Good Friday before our Spring Break started!  

Hold on...then it snowed (Sunday night).  This time it snowed and snowed and snowed.  We went to my mom's for dinner (as usual on Sunday) and got snowed in.  Now it wasn't a ton of snow, but for SC it meant everything is shut down.  Lucky for my mom, us getting snowed in meant we HAD to be there to help her clean up some of her house so they can start showing it.  Well, this snow day was nice because I had been sleep deprived for a while and needed some time to just RELAX.  

But all good things come with a price.  NOW WE HAVE SCHOOL ON GOOD FRIDAY!  The worst part of it all...that means not a SINGLE day off until Spring Break the week after Easter!  My students and I are going to need that break sooner than it can get here!  Oh, but the really good news about snow...we got a delay the next day!  As Aaron teaches little kids to say "That's what I'm talking about!"  You get counted for the day, you sleep in, everyones happy and excited to be there and you prioritize the important learning things.  See...Why wouldn't everyone want to live in South where it RARELY snows?!?

1 comment:

  1. I forget you NEVER get snow. We've had church cancelled four Sundays in two months. We feel inactive. Sorry you all have to make it up.

    ReplyDelete